Version 2.0, 25 May 2018
Please read the following carefully to understand VentureComm Limited’s views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. This includes respecting your privacy and protecting your information. This has always been the case and so we have updated this notice to build on what we are already doing and to make sure it works with the new data protection law, GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation [EU 2016/679]). Part of the updates include trying to make this notice even easier to understand. The notice describes how we collect and use your information and it covers all the ways you can interact with us and there are lots of ways! For example: you visit any of our websites, you use the App, you have an account with us, you get in touch with us, you apply for a job or you use a service that integrates with us.
VentureComm Limited (“VC”/”we”/”our”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (and GDPR), the data controller is VentureComm Limited. We are a company registered in England and Wales, with company number 09981172. You can contact us by post to our registered office address, 86-90 Paul Street, London, EC2A 4NE, United Kingdom, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1. INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We know how important your privacy is to you, and it’s important to us that you feel safe and secure on our site and other services. We want to make sure that you have the very best experience of our site and other services and so we may sometimes ask you for certain information and you may send personal data to us.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide when you register to become a user or otherwise fill in forms on our site, such as your name, age, address, email address and gender (as defined in GDPR). This may include information provided at the time of requesting further services or goods or when you for information when you report a problem with our site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Information about you such as your name, address and contact details when you enter a competition or prize-draw we may choose to operate.
- We or our agents on our behalf may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- 2. IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We use Google Analytics to collect and store anonymous statistical data about our users’ visits to our site. We collect information about your computer, mobile device (or other portable or static device used to access our site) and your visit to our site, including where available your IP address, operating system, session_id, login, screen name and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our partners and our advertisers.
This cookie enables us to understand how visitors engage with our site on a statistical basis and does not allow us to identify any individual. The cookie file is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive to report back anonymous data to us. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service.
Some third party cookies are set by services that appear on our site. They are set by the operators of that service and are not in our control. They may be set by Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Google+ and other third party services and relate to the ability of users to share content on our site.
- 3. WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our web integration site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- 4. USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To enforce our Terms and Conditions against you.
- To create non-personally identifiable reports on the user interaction with our site.
- 5. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, or others.
- To our third party partners as part of providing the full functionality and services of our site to you.
- 6. YOUR RIGHTS
You have a right to:
• Access the personal data we hold about you, or to get a copy of it.
• Make us correct inaccurate data.
• Ask us to delete, ‘block’ or suppress your data, though for legal reasons we might not always be able to do it.
• Object to us using your data for direct marketing and in certain circumstances ‘legitimate interests’, research and statistical reasons.
• Withdraw any consent you’ve previously given us.
To do so, please contact us through the app or by emailing email@example.com
- 7. INTERNET AWARENESS
Whenever you voluntarily post personal information in public areas, web-blogs, reviews, message boards, and forums, you should be aware that this information can be accessed by the public and can in turn be used by others to send you unsolicited communications. Please exercise discretion in deciding what information you disclose on these public areas.
- 8. LINKS
- 9. CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY
- 10. CONTACT